In order to become more conscious in our daily lives, we should read interesting environmental facts more often. This will help us to reduce the negative impact on the environment and nature.
Ecology: interesting facts
- People are accustomed to using toilet paper, but few people think that about 30 thousand trees are cut down every day for their production.
- 6.5 million tons of garbage get into the oceans every year! It is mainly plastic. This type of pollution of nature causes the death of over 100 million inhabitants of the seas and oceans, as well as the disappearance of at least 1.5 million seabirds.
- In this matter, it is also important to remember that in many third world countries there is no source of clean water. This is despite the fact that every year large countries spend billions of dollars on nuclear research.
- The level of acidity of water in the world’s oceans is increasing every year, and this threatens the survival of tens of thousands of marine species.
- Today there are over 0.5 billion vehicles, and the number is expected to double in the next ten years.
- China emits more carbon dioxide (CO2) into the atmosphere per year than Russia and North America combined.
- According to the most undefined According to recent studies, the people who litter the streets most often are male smokers in the 18-35 age group who love fast food.
- The United States is home to less than 5% of the world’s population, but it is here humanity consumes a quarter of all the resources of our world and produces a third of the world’s trash.
- Modern man has about four hundred pesticides in his body, although one century ago there was not a single pesticide in our body.
- Every year, smokers throw away nearly 5 trillion cigarette butts that are produced using cellulose acetate. This is the reason that cigarette butts take about 300 years to decompose.
These facts are just a small part of the interesting facts about ecology. This topic is very broad.