Ecology and human health are more closely linked than you can imagine. A century ago, scientists began to notice deterioration in the environment and in nature, with devastating effects on human health.
Modern ecology and health
This situation is getting worse every year, and not only scientists but also ordinary people are seeing it. Industrial development, growth of car number, and the global trend of urbanization. The air is replenished with massive amounts of carbon monoxide, phenols, sulfur dioxide, and other dangerous elements, all of which are promoted by factories.
The following aspects affect the impact of the environment on human health:
- Pollution of the habitat by industrial plants.
- Grow of water levels in the oceans due to global warming.
- Increase in the number of oncological diseases and epidemics arising from the mutation of viruses.
- Deforestation and extinction of some animal species.
- Destruction of the ozone layer of the atmosphere.
- Depletion of natural resources.
Features of the influence of ecology
However, the environment can affect people not only negatively but also positively. If we want the environment to have a positive impact on us, we have to start guarding places that are being depleted in nature. This requires, for example, the creation of protected areas.
If you go to a sanatorium and drink clean water, you will benefit from nature and ecology. And if you go and live in uncharted places, you will definitely add a few years to your life.
If you decide to stay in your big industrial city, you will eventually learn about the health aspects of the industry, such as:
- Contribute to respiratory diseases due to dirty air.
- Occurrence of cancer and genetic mutations due to dirty water.
- The absorption of mercury and other chemicals by vegetables and fruits, which leads to a variety of health problems.
We have listed only the most obvious problems. Become more conscious, learn to properly understand and account for the impact of environmental pollution on the human body.